INDOOR: KITCHEN, BATHROOM, ETC…
Kitchen and Bathroom
1. Most problem areas in kitchens, bathrooms, and other interior spaces are fairly small and localized. The Moldzyme® Spray Bottle is the easiest application method for these problem areas. However for larger interior applications a pump up garden or chemical sprayer works extremely well.
2. Apply Moldzyme® and agitate with a scrub brush or tooth brush, allow the recommended dwell time and wipe away.
3. Mold and mildew are extremely hard to remove from caulking. In severe cases it is best to replace the affected caulking.
4. Moldzyme® is safe to use on or around surfaces where food will be prepared.
Grout and Tile: Spray on Moldzyme® Ready-to-Use and let sit for at least 5 minutes. Scrub with brush or abrasive sponge. Older grout may have more pores and may require a second application.
Caulk: Remove the caulk. Clean the grout with Moldzyme® and let dry. Reseal the area with fresh caulk. Because of the porosity of caulk, mold that is living in the caulk is encased. It is protected from cleaners. Chlorine bleach may temporarily whiten the mold, but does not kill the biomass inside the caulk pores. This is why the mold stain returns.
Wood: Brush Moldzyme® into the surface to ensure that the enzymes can penetrate the pores. Allow to sit at least 10 minutes. Brush biomass to remove it completely. Rinse with cool water. For a video of mold removal on wood decking, check out the “watch demo” tab.
Upholstery: Brush Moldzyme® into the surface to ensure that the enzymes can penetrate the pores. Allow to sit at least 10 minutes. Brush biomass to remove it completely. A vacuum can draw out the moisture before and after treatment. Moldzyme® can be used with upholstery cleaning machines that have a cool or heat-free setting.
Attics and Crawlspaces
1. These problem areas are difficult to treat with bleach based products due to the toxic fumes produced in enclosed, poorly ventilated, areas. Moldzyme® does not produce any toxic fumes and is a safe and effective solution for these areas.
2. Moldzyme® can be applied with a spray bottle, pump up garden sprayer or chemical fogger, or fogged.
3. Moldzyme® should be applied to the affected areas, scrubbed, left the proper dwell time and wiped or rinsed from the surface.
4. Fogging Moldzyme® is an effective method for treating airborne spores, odors, or treating very large areas where additional moisture is unwanted. This is also a very popular method to clean ventilation ducts in highly contaminated areas or where there has been fire or smoke damage.